Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!




Happy New Year everyone! I know I'm really REALLY bad at updating this blog! I've got to get into a routine and then it will all come together I'm sure.
So much time has gone by.... I'm very good about keeping up on my videos on YouTube but for some reason drop the ball here. I see so many wonderful and creative blogs, I get jealous! I need to play around with the page format and style, pics, all that kind of great stuff so I promise that I will soon :)
So, what have I been up to? Well, weight-wise I'm at probably 158.5, I was at 157.9 a couple of days ago but that was before New Year's Eve and soon seriously bad news that we received this past Monday. My mom found out she has cancer. Rectal cancer to be exact. She's had some bleeding this year and her doctor sort of chalked it up to hemorrhoids and she finally was very insistant on getting a coloscopy so she had that done a couple of weeks ago and she wasn't quite "under" so she heard the doctor say, "Oh, that's not good" and it turns out she has a tumor just at the entrance of her rectum which is very small but flat and very difficult to get to surgically so they are going to start with a round of chemo and radiation to start with and surgery to follow. She took the news in stride as this is the 2nd time she's heard the dreaded "C" word. She had breast cancer back in 2003 and she fought that and has been fine since.
The day we got the news we decided to go out and celebrate New Years early which sounds really strange but getting trashed seemed like the best way (at the time) for us (my sister, mom, and I) to handle the news. We were well on our way to getting there when we got the call that she had to head off to the hospital for her CT scan so that spoiled our plans. She was really excited for us to celebrate New Years together though so we went to her Elks Lodge where she's a member and they had dinner, live music, and dancing (she LOVES to dance) so it was a good time. They even dedicated a song to her which was so nice, very touching. We all cried at the stroke of midnight followed by smiles so it was all good :)
I'm not sure how to post a link to that video but I'll try:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqlaYNmjFCs
I don't know how they put that cute box YouTube video link in here... I've got a learn how to navigate on here!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miki,

    We have somethings in common, my mom lost her battle with colon cancer but there were other issues which actually took her. Also the weight loss issue is something we share. I watched all your videos and I can give you some advice which will change you for good.

    I started a weight loss program on Feb 1st. First I am a large frame guy, in JHS I played football at 210 when all the kids my age were 170ish. So I have always been heavier than most guys my height of 5'9". At 51 years old now my wight has creeped up over the years of raising my kids to a whopping 246. I looked unhealthy and felt so bad.
    I just got divorced and my ex moved out the last weekend of January. So Feb 1st my cousin Angela and I started our weight loss program.

    Today we finished our phase II part of the weight loss cure. We are starting phase III next.

    As I said I started Phase II at 246 on Feb 1st. Today on March 10 I am 216. My goal is 210 and I am still losing weight. Angela was not heavy to begin with but never lost weight in her life. She was 125 but being a small girl she looked bloated. She is down to her goal weight of 110 in the same period of time.

    If you want to really lose the weight and stop this up and down roller coster ride, just ask me to fill you in. Email me at Hog90@optonline.net.

    I am not selling anything, just think you are a very beautiful girl who needs a hand.

    Happy to be your first follower on this blog and hope to be consideded your friend as well..

    Now that I am below the weight I was in HS, I want to reach 200 pounds and lock it in for life. While 200 sounds large, to me it is not. I have a lot of muscle mass and do not fit the norm. Wish me luck as I wish you as well....

    Hasta La Vista baby!

    ReplyDelete